FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CVS HEALTH CHARITY CLASSIC ANNOUNCES PAIRINGS
Tournament Hosts Free Community Day on Sunday, June 26
Tickets To The State's Largest Charitable Sporting Event Make A Great Father’s Day Gift And Are Still Available
WOONSOCKET, RHODE ISLAND (June 15, 2016) – CVS Health Charity Classic Tournament co-hosts Billy Andrade and Brad Faxon today announced the pairings for the 18th annual CVS Health Charity Classic Golf Tournament, scheduled for June 26-28 at Rhode Island Country Club in Barrington. Twenty of the world’s best golfers will come together for the tournament, which drives millions of dollars to area charities.
Tournament week begins with free admission to CVS Health Charity Classic Community Day on Sunday, June 26. A perfect place to spend the day with family and friends, Community Day features a variety of fun, interactive “outside the ropes” activities for fans of all ages including visits from area mascots (Boston Red Sox, Providence Bruins, University of Rhode Island), free giveaways, health and wellness stations, food trucks and more. A special kids “fun zone” features activities throughout the day such as face painting, arts and crafts, fitness fun and bubble activities. The Providence Children’s Museum’s popular Rigamajig will also be on hand for kids to invent creative contraptions using this large-scale building kit.
On Monday, June 27, tournament activities begin at 9 a.m. with a fun and entertaining clinic featuring Golf Channel’s Gary Williams. The first round of tournament competition begins immediately following the clinic with the final round slated for Tuesday, June 28 at 8 a.m. The pairings for the 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic are:
- Keegan Bradley - Jon Curran
- Tony Finau - Billy Horschel
- Branden Grace - Louis Oosthuizen
- Lexi Thompson – Bryson DeChambeau
- Jason Bohn - Kevin Kisner
- Paula Creamer – Jason Dufner
- Brooke Henderson – Jamie Sadlowski
- Chris Kirk – Steve Stricker
- Billy Andrade – Bill Haas
- Morgan Pressel – Brad Faxon
Great Gift For Dad
Still looking for a great gift for dad? The CVS Health Charity Classic has your ticket! Tickets to one of Rhode Island’s most popular summer entertainment attractions remain available, but continue to be a hot item so fans are encouraged to get their tickets now. The full list of purchasing options, starting with $25 single-day tickets, can be viewed exclusively at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic or at cvshealthcharityclassic.com. Children under 17 are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441.
The CVS Health Charity Classic, which has donated more than $19 million to area nonprofits since 1999, offers something for everyone including exciting new entertainment options as well as world-class golf. Here’s a look at the events taking place this June:
- Lady Antebellum Benefit Concert – Seven-time GRAMMY award-winning group Lady Antebellum headlines a public benefit concert on Tuesday, June 28, at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence. The concert is a great way for music lovers to support the Charity Classic and its charitable focus. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic all Ticketmaster outlets, the Dunkin’ Donuts Center box office or by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
- Rocky Point 5k – A healthy way to kick-off off the three-day tournament, the CVS Health Charity Classic is once again sponsoring the Rocky Point 5k on Saturday, June 25. People are encouraged to run or walk in this USA Track and Field sanctioned event that also supports great local charities. Visit rockypoint5k.com for more information and to register.
- Community Day – Make it a family affair on Sunday, June 26 with free admission. Enjoy the picturesque Rhode Island Country Club while taking in great golf and a number of other activities including interactive health & wellness stations and food trucks.
- Path To Better Health – A walking path around the golf course that features interactive health and wellness stations, the Path to Better Health encourages fans to participate in fun and educational health-focused activities as they walk around the golf course at Rhode Island Country Clubs.
- Charity Miles Campaign – Make exercising really count with the CVS Healthy Charity Classic Charity Miles campaign sponsored by Aon Hewitt. Fans are invited to download the Charity Miles app, designate their favorite charity, and get moving! During the month of June, 25 cents for every mile participants walk or run and 10 cents for every mile completed on a bike will be donated to select charities. It’s a perfect app to use while participating in the Rocky Point 5k or as fans walk along the Charity Classic’s Path to Better Health.
- Free Admission for Veterans and First Responders – The CVS Health Charity Classic is honoring veterans by offering complimentary admission to Rhode Island Country Club for the golf tournament for all active, reserve and retired Military Service Members and their dependents. Veterans simply present a valid Common Access Card or Retired Military Card at the gate any day throughout the three-day tournament. First responders and their families also receive free admission with a valid ID.
- The Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines – Located on the 15th green at Rhode Island Country Club, the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines offers first-class hospitality and amenities, including daily food and wine samplings. A great place to spend the day with friends, the pavilion offers spectacular views and a close-up look at the golf action. Spectators may upgrade their good any day ticket on-site for $25 to gain entrance to the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines or purchase them at the gate for $50.
Single, good-any-day tickets ($25) for the 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic are now on sale at ticketmaster.com. Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.