FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CVS HEALTH CHARITY CLASSIC EXPANDS CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT'S ROSTER
Some of Golf's Biggest Names Coming to Rhode Island
WOONSOCKET, RHODE ISLAND (May 19, 2016) – CVS Health Charity Classic co-hosts Billy Andrade and Brad Faxon today announced the addition of three top-tier professional golfers to the main field. PGA TOUR professionals Jason Dufner and Louis Oosthuizen along with LPGA standout Lexi Thompson will be part of a field of 20 pros who will compete in the June 26-28 charity golf tournament at Rhode Island Country Club in Barrington.
Making his second appearance at the Charity Classic, Dufner is a four-time winner on the PGA TOUR who currently ranks 17th in the FedExCup standings and 67th in the world. Oosthuizen, a 13-time PGA TOUR winner, including the 2010 Open Championship, is currently ranked 13th in the World Golf Rankings. He also returns to the Charity Classic for a second time
Thompson is returning to the CVS Health Charity Classic for the fifth consecutive year. This 2012 LPGA Rookie of the Year is currently 3rd in the Rolex Rankings and 10th in the CME Rankings. In her young career, she has already earned an impressive seven victories and posted 38 career top-10 finishes.
The CVS Health Charity Classic, which has donated more than $19 million to area nonprofits since 1999, offers something for everyone including exciting new entertainment options as well as world-class golf. Here’s a look at the events taking place this June:
- Lady Antebellum Benefit Concert – Seven-time GRAMMY award-winning group Lady Antebellum headlines a public benefit concert on Tuesday, June 28, at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence. The concert is a great way for music lovers to support the Charity Classic and its charitable focus. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic all Ticketmaster outlets, the Dunkin’ Donuts Center box office or by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
- Rocky Point 5k – A healthy way to kick-off off the three-day tournament, the CVS Health Charity Classic is once again sponsoring the Rocky Point 5k on Saturday, June 25. People are encouraged to run or walk in this USA Track and Field sanctioned event that also supports great local charities. Visit rockypoint5k.com for more information and to register.
- Community Day – Make it a family affair on Sunday, June 26 with free admission. Enjoy the picturesque Rhode Island Country Club while taking in great golf and a number of other activities including interactive health & wellness stations and food trucks.
- Path To Better Health – A walking path around the golf course that features interactive health and wellness stations, the Path to Better Health encourages fans to participate in fun and educational health-focused activities as they walk around the golf course at Rhode Island Country Clubs.
- Charity Miles Campaign – Make exercising really count with the CVS Healthy Charity Classic Charity Miles campaign sponsored by Aon Hewitt. Fans are invited to download the Charity Miles app, designate their favorite charity, and get moving! During the month of June, 25 cents for every mile participants walk or run and 10 cents for every mile completed on a bike will be donated to select charities. It’s a perfect app to use while participating in the Rocky Point 5k or as fans walk along the Charity Classic’s Path to Better Health.
- Free Admission for Veterans and First Responders – The CVS Health Charity Classic is honoring veterans by offering complimentary admission to Rhode Island Country Club for the golf tournament for all active, reserve and retired Military Service Members and their dependents. Veterans simply present a valid Common Access Card or Retired Military Card at the gate any day throughout the three-day tournament. First responders and their families also receive free admission with a valid ID.
- The Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines – Located on the 15th green at Rhode Island Country Club, the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines offers first-class hospitality and amenities, including daily food and wine samplings. A great place to spend the day with friends, the pavilion offers spectacular views and a close-up look at the golf action. Spectators may upgrade their good any day ticket on-site for $25 to gain entrance to the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines or purchase them at the gate for $50.
Single, good-any-day tickets ($25) for the 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic are now on sale at ticketmaster.com. Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.