CVS Health Charity Classic Boasts Three New Tournament Winners in 2017 Field
Annual tournament takes place June 19 at Rhode Island Country Club
New Crave RI culinary event to benefit local charities set for June 15-16
WOONSOCKET, R.I. (May 23, 2017) – Three members of the 2017 CVS Health Charity Classic field posted impressive wins over the weekend. Billy Horschel, currently ranked 15th in FedEx Cup standings, won the PGA TOUR’s AT&T Byron Nelson; LPGA star Lexi Thompson took home the Kingsmill Championship trophy in a record-setting win; and Champions Tour’s Bernhard Langer earned his second straight Regions Tradition victory, tying Jack Nicklaus’ record of eight PGA TOUR Champions major titles. Golf fans will have a unique opportunity to see these great golfers up-close-and-personal at the CVS Health Charity Classic’s June 19th tournament.
Drawing some of the biggest names in golf to the greens of the Rhode Island Country Club, the CVS Health Charity Classic event series kicks off with Crave RI, a two-day food festival in Downtown Providence on June 15-16, followed by several exciting activities on June 18-19 at Rhode Island Country Club.
The one-day golf tournament on Monday, June 19th will feature 18 of the nation’s top golfers, comprised of six PGA TOUR, six LPGA Tour and six PGA TOUR Champions players. The teams will be made up of one player from each respective Tour. The top two scores from each hole per team will be counted towards its final score. The lowest team score at the end of 18 holes will be named the Champions of the 2017 CVS Health Charity Classic.
Team pairings will be released on a rolling basis, with the first three teams being announced today, including:
• Tony Finau, Gerina Piller, Bernhard Langer
• Keegan Bradley, Brooke Henderson, Billy Andrade
• Bill Haas, Morgan Pressel, Jay Haas
In addition to the great golf, the CVS Health Charity Classic, which has donated more than $20 million dollars to area non-profits since 1999, will continue its tradition of giving back to the Southern New England community with a series of events, including:
• Crave RI – a two-day, family-friendly culinary celebration featuring Rhode Island’s and Massachusetts’ finest with 80 restaurants and more than 100 beer and wine profiles. Enjoy sample tastings from Matunuck Oyster Bar, Gracie’s, Newport Vineyards, Narragansett Beer and many more at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in downtown Providence on June 15-16. All proceeds from the inaugural event will support charitable organizations across Southern New England. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic, all Ticketmaster outlets, the Dunkin’ Donuts Center box office or by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
• Pepsi Celebrity Pro-Am – The CVS Health Charity Classic has partnered up with New England sports teams to bring celebrity athletes to the Charity Classic on Sunday, June 18th at the Rhode Island Country Club. The Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox will all be represented at the first ever Pepsi Celebrity Pro-Am. Admission to the event is FREE.
• Community Day – What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than with free admission to Community Day on Sunday, June 18th? Enjoy the picturesque Rhode Island Country Club while taking in great golf and a number of other activities including interactive and engaging programs at health and wellness stations.
• Path To Better Health – A walking path around the golf course that features interactive health and wellness stations, the Path to Better Health encourages fans to participate in fun, educational and interactive health-focused activities as they walk around the golf course at Rhode Island Country Club.
The CVS Health Charity Classic will again be honoring veterans by offering complimentary admission to Rhode Island Country Club for the golf tournament for all active, reserve and retired Military Service Members and their dependents. Veterans can simply present a valid Common Access Card or Retired Military Card at the gate. First responders and their families also receive free admission with a valid ID.
Single day tickets for the 2017 CVS Health Charity Classic are now on sale at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic for $10 each. Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.